Last Updated: September 26, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below. If you do not provide your information as requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide our Services or we are legally required to collect it.
Information You Provide to Us.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive information about you. For example, if you contact us through our website, we will receive your name, email address, company name, the contents of your message and any attachments you may send to us, and any other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect certain information from you such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Application Information. If you apply to participate in one of our accelerator programs, we receive information about you and your business from you or our third party application hosting partner, such as your name, email address, city, state, and country of residence, the year your business was started, its revenue model, monthly growth rate, and similar information you provide as part of your application.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we infer your general location information (such as the country from which you are accessing our Services) through, for example, your internet protocol (IP) address.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixels, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files that contain a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
Device Information. We automatically collect certain technical information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including your IP address, operating system version (e.g., iOS, Android), web browser type, phone manufacturer, and device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the pages you visit and the dates and times of your visit.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To select organizations to participate in our accelerator programs;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide you with information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To find and prevent fraud and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services, including with our accelerator application hosting provider.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information regarding your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, because our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Scrum Ventures is responsible for processing your information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at 717 Market Street #400 San Francisco, CA 94103.
Information we collect
We may collect various information when you access our services, including the following items (“User’s Information”). Our services may not be available if you refuse to provide information that we are required to collect by law and regulations:
- Information that you provide to us:
- Name or corporate name;
- E-mail address;
- Date of birth and gender;
- Phone number and address;
- Date that you started your business;
- Information on the conditions of your business (revenue model, monthly growth rate);
- Messages from you to us; and
- Attachments that you send to us.
- Information that you provide when you use our services:
- Location information;
- IP Address; and
- Device information:
- IP Address;
- OS information, such as iOS and Android;
- Browser type;
- Manufacturer of your device(s);
- Information that identifies your device(s); and
- Other information on the device(s) and in the software that you use.
- Your activity history:
- Pages you viewed;
- Date and time you viewed those pages;
- Details of viewing activity, such as comments; and
- How you use our services.
- Information that you provide to us:
- Purpose of use of the User’s Information
We will use the User’s Information for the following purposes and will not use it for any other purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our services;
- To select partners that will cooperate in providing our services;
- To provide and recommend contents that are optimal for you;
- To analyse how you use our services and to develop new services;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide information related to our services, such as updates thereof;
- To provide customer service, such as responses to your requests and questions;
- To engage in advertising;
- To prevent fraudulent acts and to ensure safety;
- To comply with the laws and regulations or rules of Japan or a foreign country, or the orders of the competent government and public agencies, self-regulatory organizations, securities exchanges, courts or other public organizations (including actions for the realization of our rights); and
- For other purposes of which we will notify you as necessary.
- Disclosure and provision of the User’s information to a third party
We will not disclose or provide the User’s information to any third party, except in the following cases:
- If we have obtained your prior consent for the provision of the User’s information to any third-party;
- If the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations require such disclosure or provision;
- If it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- If it is particularly necessary to improve public health or the healthy growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- If it is necessary to cooperate with a national government agency, a local government, or an entity entrusted thereby in the execution of affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining your consent is likely to interfere with the execution of such affairs;
- If it is necessary to provide the User’s Information to vendors and other subcontractors involved in the provision of our services (including information analysts such as Google Analytics). Under those circumstances, we will appropriately supervise the subcontractor so that the security management of the User’s information is ensured by such means as executing an appropriate contract concerning the protection of the User’s information;
- If another entity succeeeds to our business based on a merger, company split, transfer of business, or for any other reason.
- Sharing of the User’s information
We may share the User’s information with our group companies and partner companies specified for each program that we provide in order to improve the program’s services. Under those circumstances, we will take appropriate security measures under strict control.
Entities with which we share the User’s Information:
Our affiliates and partner companies specified for each program that we provide
Personal data to be shared:
The User’s information specified in item 1 above
Purpose of sharing:
The purposes of use specified in item 2 above
Person in charge of managing the personal data to be shared:
Scrum Studio Inc.
- Provision of the User’s information to Scrum Ventures LLC
We may provide Scrum Ventures LLC, a Delaware corporation, with the User’s Information with respect to our services.
- Security management of the User’s information
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the leakage of, loss of, or damage to, the User’s Information, and to ensure the security management of the User’s information.
- Contact information
Please contact the following Personal Information Protection Manager with inquiries if:
you have any complaints or concerns about the User’s information; or
you have any questions about the procedures for disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of the User’s information.
Please note that we may ask for your identification information (including a physical copy of an official certificate via mail), and/or ask you to complete a document that we designate.
Personal Information Protection Manager: Scrum Studio Inc.
Contact for inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org